Cultural Café locates inside of 105 Gibson Community Center (105 Gibson Drive, Markham). It is part of the Joy Beyond Vision Community (JBVC) vocational training program. Cultural Café provides unique and meaningful employment combined with vocational training opportunities for those who live with visual impairment!
Our mission is to help Visually Impaired People (VIP):
- Gain Independence
- Increase Confidence and Self-Worth
- Develop friendships
- Feel they are productive citizens, contributing to their community
Cultural Café will do:
- Hands-on experience in food preparation, customer service and business management;
- A supportive working and learning environment where visually impaired workers and sighted volunteers can work collaboratively;
- Community awareness of the skills and work potential of VIP;
- community networking that invites, encourages, re-connects and supports VIP who live in isolation, to participate in their community;
- A strong message to potential employers demonstrating that hiring VIP will enrich their workplace and that barriers can be overcome!
To learn more about Cultual Café or understand about our organization, please contact us at info @ cultural-café.com.
Joyb Beyond Vision Community at http://www.jbvc.ca
105 Gibson Community Center at http://www.105gibson.com
105 Gibson Drive
Markham, ON L3R 3K7
Copyright © Cultural Cafe (2014)